The 6th Annual Masters of Business Online (MBO) conference is fast approaching. As is the case with any conference of quality, attendees have to make a difficult choice: which speakers and tracks do I choose to attend?
The eighteen MBO 2012 speakers are divided into six tracks of three sessions each. There’s something for everyone: content marketing, social media, branding, video, SEO and mobile – all from thought-leaders in Indianapolis and beyond.
Here are my top picks for MBO 2012:
- The 5 P’s of Content Marketing: Plan, Produce, Publish, Promote, Prove
- Building Your Brand Through Social Media Storytelling
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective YouTubers
Jenny Messmer, Digital Marketing Manager at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis has artfully executed several social media campaigns, integrated with online video, to promote museum events and exhibitions – in a fun and engaging way.
- SEO in a Post-Panda/Penguin World
- Engaging Customers Through Multiple Digital Channels ***
- Finding and Marketing to Niche Audiences Online
If you want to learn from a heavy-hitter in the digital marketing realm, attend Jessica Bradford’s session. She’s the Manager for Customer Engagement and Interactive Campaigns at FedEx. This is a big opportunity to get an inside look at how an enterprise brand engages their customers. In fact, she’s my MBO Decision 2012 pick!
- Marketing in the Zero Moment of Truth (ZMOT)
- The WHY Workshop: Creating Emotional Connections that Keep Prospects and Clients Close
- Email is Dead, Long Live Email
If you’ve never heard of ZMOT, you lack understanding of an absolutely critical component of the sales funnel. Daren Tomey, Enterprise Business Development at Zmags will fill you in.
- How Data-Driven Content Marketing Changes The Game
- Using Social Media Influencers to Drive Brand Awareness
- The End of Customer Focus: Creating Meaning in the Age of Anxious Noise
Muhammad Yasin, Marketing Director at HCC Medical Insurance Services, is one of the brightest social media practitioners in the insurance industry and beyond. If he can successfully engage (and convert) hundreds of thousands of followers across multiple networks with an unsexy product like travel medical insurance, surely you can do the same with your products or services.
- Flipping the Funnel: Connecting with Non-traditional Demographics through Inbound Marketing
- Lead Scoring and Nurturing for Lifecycle Marketing
- Navigating the Affiliate Marketing Roadmap
Customer Lifecycle Marketing is all about identifying and applying a persona to each and every one of your prospects, which is critical to successful lead nurturing. Kathy Brown, Vice President of Client Success at RightOn Interactive will walk you through the process. B2B and B2C marketers will benefit from understanding how a prospect’s relationship with your brand unfolds and develops.
- Don’t Waste Your Second Impression: Enhance Your SEM Efforts with Remarketing
- In Mobile, One Size Does NOT Fit All
- Online Communications: Not Your Grandmother’s News Release
Ryan Mull, Managing Partner at Imavex, brings the only mobile-centric session to MBO. As critical as mobile is to the success of any online marketing campaign, this session shouldn’t be missed.
If you haven’t already registered for MBO, you can do so here. What are you waiting for?